Day 10: The Thirteen Commandments
over the course of my life i have developed a dynamic list of commandments which i follow. without getting too much into it here they are:
1. Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.
this rule means that no situation has to be serious and that the answer to any problem is a good attitude and a little humor. as george carlin said "even rape can be funny"
2. A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend
one time in first year i was walking down morris st. and this drunk kid yelled this at me out a window. and he was right.
3. Obey all laws (except the ones you don't believe in)
i've always thought that laws were more like guidelines. i don't not kill people because it's against the law. i don't kill people because i think it would be a huge dick move. i park in legal parking spaces because i realize that illegal parking spaces are illegal for a reason and because i don't want to pay a fine. your morals are more important than anything else you could posses.
4. Someday your life will flash before your eyes, make it worth watching
live for the moment, and make sure every instant of your live is exciting and thrilling. that's what it's all about after all.
5. Don’t buy a car you can’t push
besides the literal meaning this tells us not to get too far over our heads and to never put ourselves in a position we can't get out of
6. The unaimed arrow cannot miss
if you don't try you cannot fail. i'm not saying don't try, i'm just trying to impose my minimalist mentality on the world.
7. Go wherever the world takes you (except to mr. sub)
just let it happen. unless it's mr sub. that place fuckin sucks.
8. Don’t quit on the team, just enjoy it while you lose
no matter how badly they are (the leafs), you should always stand by your team and never ever boo. for any reason.
9. Einstein was no Girvan
11. Eagles may soar but weasels don’t get caught in jet engines
just because someone is better than you, it doesn't make them better than you
12. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
don't get hung up on the past. the future is much more important.
13. Never swing on the Girv-Cirv.
the most important of all commandments. if i even began to explain this to you your head would most likely explode.
so this is the end